The Designated Safeguarding Officers at Colchester Academy are:
- Mr Rav Samjawon Assistant Principal - Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Mr Alistair Gibb Vice Principal - Alternate Senior Lead
- Mr Ben Reakes Assistant Principal - Alternate Senior Lead
- Mrs Sharon Silver - Safeguarding/Welfare Officer
- Mrs Diane Paton - Safeguarding/Welfare Officer
- Mrs Michelle Cornish - Safeguarding/Welfare Officer
Safeguarding concerns should be emailed to our confidential email address:
Essex Safeguarding Children Board
As an academy, we subscribe to the Essex Safeguarding Children Board (ESCB) recommendations, actions and outcomes:
- Co-ordinate local work undertaken by all agencies and individuals to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people and ensure the effectiveness of that work.
- Children and young people, their welfare, protection and the promotion of their best interests are at the heart of everything the ESCB does.
- For Essex to be a child friendly county in which children and young people are safe from harm in their families, their communities and their neighbourhoods.
ESCB can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org